New Instructor: Kiebpoli Calnek!
Circus Center is proud to welcome Kiebpoli (pronounced KAY-po-lee) Calnek to the Aerial Faculty! Kiebpoli comes to us from New York City, where she has been a fixture in the circus training and performing scene for many years. She is no stranger to the Bay Area, however, as she has flown in to perform with Topsy Turvy for the last few years.
Kiebpoli is an aerialist, actor, educator, and producer of compelling, politically awakening performance events through her company Black*Acrobat. Read more about her impressive background here. As a teacher, she prides herself on utilizing constructive feedback, motivation, and patience while focusing on technique, form, and dramatic flourishes.
In the winter session, Kiebpoli is teaching Aerial Conditioning Level 1, Intro to Mixed Aerials Level 1, and Tissu 1. Her classes are already drawing strong interest, so we encourage you to check her out!
New ClassesWe also have several new classes for you to explore:
- Bending Backwards with Jim Donak:This class is aimed at developing back bending skills for acrobatic and aerial applications. It is intended to augment the current programs by offering a class that works specifically on the dynamic application of back bending skills for inversions, limbers, walkovers, tumbling, partner acrobatics and the like. This class will include various learning methods with regard to increasing strength and stability, and range of motion throughout the “backend.”
- Intro to Mixed Aerials: Level 1 with Miriam Telles
- The return of Flying 2 on Thursday nights at 6:30p
- The ever-popular Jeremy Sheets is now teaching a section of Rope 1 and two sections of Rope 2
- The Contortion program under Catie Brier continues to grow with the addition of a new level, Advanced Stretching
- The return of Xiaohong's Wednesday daytime Acro 1 class, 12:30-2p
- And more – check out our Schedule page for full info
New Open Gym Offerings and PRICE!Circus Center is pleased to announce some changes that will help you progress faster toward your training goals. We have modified the pricing of Supervised Open Gym time to make it more affordable, and we have added Supervised Acro Open Gym to our schedule. For $12.50, you can attend a two-hour open gym time to work on your strength, conditioning, flexibility and the disciplines of your choice:
- Acro Open Gym: Saturdays 10am-12pm under the supervision of Aidan Sigman
- Aerial Open Gym: Sundays 3-5pm, under the supervision of Heidi Button