Your donations have enabled Circus Center to make very specific and strategic purchases that affect everyone who performs in or attends a community production here. This is what we’ve accomplished so far:
Show Love Total Raised: $17,409
- $3,200 - An amazing new light board, the ETC Colorsource 40 AV. This is an incredible upgrade that will produce beautiful, easy to use, and professional lighting for all of Circus Center’s community shows. See it in action at SFYC’s show Circus Fracas!
- $1,575 - New speakers for Theater, which so far have been used by Clown Conservatory’s show The Supers and Circus Fracas - and all other theater shows going forward.
- $1,935 - Lighting equipment, fogger and 3 microphones. Now the majority of our show lighting can run on normal extension cords, saving a lot of money on cabling, and we have four microphones for our performers, instead of one, for all of our shows.
- $500 - Riggers adjusting middle point in the Theater so it’s exactly center stage.
- $5,000 - Part of the Technical Director’s salary. A huge and important step for our organization, SHOW LOVE has helped us hire a Technical Director (hi Hector!), to help take the quality and professionalism of our productions to the next level, and keep you looking and sounding beautiful onstage.
Total remaining for future community shows: $5,199
Thank you for your support, and see you at the shows! Don’t miss Circus Fracas, April 29-May 13.
Here are some more words on why Circus Center runs fundraising campaigns like the New Net & Equipment Campaign and Show Love.
WHY RAISE MONEY?
Circus Center’s mission is to spread the joy of circus through performance, training, and community outreach. Our total budget for this fiscal year (2017) is over $1.4 million dollars. That includes instructors, administration, and staff for the dozens of classes a week we offer, professional-track and recreational youth programs, the professional training program Clown Conservatory, a production season with 12+ shows a year, our adaptive circus outreach program, and maintenance and repair costs for our building and equipment.
Most of the revenue to cover these costs – about 85%, in fact – comes from tuition for classes, group events, and summer camps. So why bother raising money at all? The basic answer is, we run fundraising campaigns so we can better serve our community and pursue our mission. More specifically, we raise funds to make major investments in our operation, and in order to do the things that make us more than another gym, but a non-profit center for the circus arts.
When it comes to investments, we look at two kinds: new and deferred. If we hadn’t run the New Net and Equipment campaign, we still would have replaced the flying trapeze net. After all, it was time for it to be replaced. But without your support, we might not have been able to do everything else for months, maybe years, while we saved up: upgrade all the toilets, or purchase new stilts, or replace the lights in the lobby, or make other vital purchases and repairs. What’s more, our facility is almost 100 years old, and has had many of its maintenance and repair needs deferred over the years. Your phenomenal outpouring of support from the New Net & Equipment Campaign gave us the freedom and flexibility to begin to catch up on 20 years of much-needed repairs, purchase more equipment, and fix more things, faster, to give you a better circus training experience.
Other fundraising efforts, like SHOW LOVE and our recent major donor work, enable us to do important things that don’t cover their own costs, like community productions, outreach programs, and more. In this way, we’re much like any other non-profit.
With your donations, partnership, and advocacy, we can bring the same professional quality shows, training, and outreach to the community we have loved and served for over 30 years. Thank you for your support, past and present, and for being part of the Circus Center family.