Circus Center's $5 Friday & Building Improvement Campaign
Thank you to everyone who came to the $5 Friday Beta Community Event on June 16 and celebrated circus with us. It was a ton of fun! See images from the night from photographer Elisa Reed here.
CURRENT GOAL: revitalizing the lobby
We're raising money to make the lobby a place to make everybody feel the most welcome.
CAMPAIGN PROGRESS: $24,850 RAISED SO FAR FROM 95 DONORS
GOAL 2: met - thank you!
GOAL 1: MET AND MATCHED - THANK YOU!
UPDATED 6/28 12:36Pm
Building Up Our Space:
Fixing What Needs to be Fixed
Circus Center needs some practical things to make our students’ lives better - things like new mats in the gym, roof repairs, a nicer lobby, and more chances to perform.
But our community needs something too - chances to experience and participate in circus arts, in a community space where you can bring your family or a date, try something new, and see something awesome. Those kinds of arts and community-building opportunities can be rare, and we want to fix that.
Here’s how we can take care of our building, improve our students’ everyday training and performing experience, and create easy, low-barrier opportunities for the broader community to discover the joys of circus arts and help them thrive: we’re calling it $5 Friday.
Building Up Our Community:
$5 Friday Series
$5 Friday is a regular event series, aiming to launch in Fall 2017: a combination Flying Trapeze Open House, Circus Skills Jam, and mini-Student Showcase. For only $5, anyone can try a variety of circus activities - a swing on the flying trapeze, juggling, a sample aerial circuit, and more. At the end of the night, everyone can enjoy a mini-show of flying trapeze and other circus arts performed under permanent theatrical lighting in the gym.
By supporting this campaign, you’ll be helping Circus Center make the building improvements and repairs we need to improve the training environment and establish the $5 Friday series. And your contribution will have far-reaching effects - not just for current students, but new ones.
Building Up Quality:
Investments in Your Excellent Circus Experience
This campaign has three major goals:
Goal 1 | met!
$15,000 to invest in Main Gym as training & performance space
We'll replace the floor mats, restuff the crash pads, and install permanent show lighting in the gym. These upgrades will improve everyday training and make the $5 Friday shows (and other shows in the gym) easier and cheaper to produce.
Goal 2 | MET!
$10,000 to make roof repairs
To protect our students, equipment, and $5 Friday attendees, we’ll make targeted roof repairs to fix leaks over the men's bathroom, near the trampoline, in the bleachers, and by the theater door into the alley - and keep our spaces dry next winter.
Goal 3 | happening now!
$10,000 to revitalize the lobby
We’ll make the lobby more welcoming, comfortable, and efficient with new floors, painting, and reorganization. We’ll invest in promoting $5 Fridays and creating smooth, fun circus experiences.
Building Up Steam: How Can I Help?
Give Online here! DONATE
- You can also give by check or cash at the Front Desk.
- Get your workplace to match your gift! Let us know if we can help.
- Donate a used vehicle, any condition: CARS will take care of everything for you!
How did the New Net Campaign and Show Love turn out?
Curious about how the New Net & Equipment Campaign and SHOW LOVE impacted Circus Center?
Short answer: tremendously! We’ve put together updates on exactly how your contributions have made a difference: click here for the New Net & Equipment campaign and here for SHOW LOVE.
Your gift comes with neat donor appreciation swag to proudly show your support around town!
- $25 - A special edition Building Up sticker & shout out on Circus Center’s Facebook page
- $100 - A special edition Building Up t-shirt & sticker, a personal shout-outs in our newsletter and on our Facebook page, and one “$5 Friday Single Membership”, which includes 1 free entry for you or a friend to each $5 Friday event for a year
- $250 - “$5 Friday Founder Double Membership”, including 2 free entries for you or your friends to each $5 Friday event for a year, special recognition as a “$5 Friday Founder” on a permanent display, personal shout-outs in our newsletter, Facebook, and website, and a special edition Building Up T-shirt, water bottle & sticker
- $500 - “$5 Friday Founder Family Membership”, which includes 4 free entries for you or your friends to each $5 Friday event for a year, 4 free Flying Swing tickets, and a pass to the front of the flying line! Plus, special recognition as a “$5 Friday Founder” on a permanent display, personal shout-outs in our newsletter, Facebook, and website, and a special edition Building Up T-shirt, water bottle & sticker
- $1,000 - Become an honorary ringmaster of a $5 Friday! Plus, “$5 Friday Founder Ringmaster Membership”, which includes 8 free entries to each $5 Friday event for a year, 8 free Flying Swing tickets, and a pass to the front of the flying line! Also, special recognition as a “$5 Friday Honorary Ringmaster” on a permanent display, personal shout-outs in our newsletter, Facebook, and website, and a special edition Building Up T-shirt, water bottle & sticker