- Greeting and checking in clients
- Managing client accounts and requests
- Processing cash and credit card payments
- Answering phones and emails
- Scheduling private lesson appointments
- Opening and/or closing the building
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently
- Experience with MindBody Online
- Interest in the performing arts
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 30 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, seasonal warmer/cooler temperatures and office noise.
Must be legally able to work in the US.
Hours - M-F, 30 hrs/wk or more as needed, flex time w/ evening & weekend work. Onsite with some remote work possible.
Contract Length - Last week of July-Mid-November 2017 (~17 weeks)
- Help plan, coordinate & serve as On-Site Event Manager for September Donor fundraising event
- Assist Executive Director in establishing $5 Friday series in October
- Perform prospect research & stewardship of Producer’s Circle members & individual donors under direction of Executive Director & Development Committee Chair (following up with invitations, replying to queries, processing donations, etc)
- Write & publish updates on Spring and Winter Fundraising Campaigns
- Meet weekly with Executive Director & Development Committee
- Take minutes for Development Committee meetings
- Assist Executive Director & Development Committee with organizational fundraising plan
- Maintain donor database & run reports as necessary
- Prepare & submit grant proposal under direction of Executive Director
- Write, edit, and arrange distribution of fundraising materials for September, October, and November Cabarets
- Maintain donation page on website
- Strong writing skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, punctual
- Tactful and able to control confidential/sensitive information and communications
- Strong communication in-person, phone, and email - responsive
- Can lift & carry
- Internet research
- Comfortable with Excel & creating reports, exp with OvationTix a plus
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Temporary Development Associate - Your Name” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
If you are a senior-level aerial instructor who wants to teach in a community of training artists, we want to hear from you!
Circus Center, the oldest and largest circus training and performing arts center on the West Coast, seeks a Senior Aerial Instructor for part-time employment.
The successful candidate must have:
- A serious all-around background in acrobatics/gymnastics, and preferably professional experience as a circus performer.
- A high technical level in their specialty(ies). Additional teaching skills are welcome.
- An ability to teach children and adult recreational students, including aspiring professionals.
- Comfort working as part of a team.
- Current eligibility to work in the US (citizen, green card, work visa).
The ideal instructor is interested in regular teaching, and willing to commit to a minimum 9-month contract.
Circus Center offers a competitive wage, benefits for employees working more than 20 hours/week, plus all the perks that come with working and training at a high-quality facility with other top-notch instructors in beautiful, dynamic San Francisco.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to jobs [AT[ circuscenter [DOT] org with “Senior Aerial Instructor - Your Name” in the subject line. Applications that include a performance or demonstration video will receive priority review. No phone calls, please.
If you are a circus instructor with a passion for youth development who wants to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of kids, we want to hear from you! Circus Center, the oldest and largest circus training and performing arts center on the West Coast, seeks Camp Instructors to teach in our 2017 Day Camp program. This is a long-running, popular, circus-based day camp in San Francisco. Reporting to the Camp Director, Camp Instructors will participate in all aspects of the camp experience, June 5 – August 25, 2017.
- Create a fun, safe, and supportive environment where children can explore the many skills that create circus arts.
- Represent the school in appearance, attitude, and philosophy in dealing with students, parents and the general public.
- Work with other instructors to create and teach a broad curriculum of circus arts and circus related activities
- Alternate responsibility for end of camp curbside pick up with other instructors.
- Ensure the proper equipment and appropriate staffing are available for scheduled activities.
- Regularly inspect equipment to make sure it is safe and in good condition.
- Help produce an end of week performance every week.
- Attend scheduled camp teacher meetings to plan camp activities and upcoming performances.
- Delegate responsibilities to assistants and interns
- Ensure the safety of each child while addressing their physical and emotional needs
- Experience working with K-8th grade children;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
- Skill instructing one or more gymnastic/circus arts; and
- A flexible, trustworthy, creative, and positive leader.
To Apply: Review of applications will begin immediately. Wage is commensurate with experience. To apply, please fill out this form. No phone calls, please.
Want to be a Counselor-in-Training (CIT)? Please fill out this form.