If you are a circus instructor who wants to teach in a community of training artists, we want to hear from you!
Circus Center, the oldest and largest circus training and performing arts center on the West Coast, seeks Instructors for part-time employment in all disciplines. We are especially interested in the following specialties:
- Tissu/Aerial Silks
- Aerial Straps
- Flying Trapeze
- Chinese Pole
- Equilibristics, especially juggling and tightwire
- Cyr Wheel
- Acrobatics, tumbling, and parkour
The successful candidate must have:
- A serious all-around background in acrobatics/gymnastics, and preferably professional experience as a circus performer.
- A high technical level in their specialty(ies). Additional teaching skills are welcome.
- An ability to teach children, adult recreational students, and professional students.
- Comfort working as part of a team.
- Current eligibility to work in the US (citizen, green card, work visa).
The ideal instructor is interested in regular teaching, but we may be able to accommodate candidates with performance demands. Our preference is for a 9-month contract, but shorter contracts may be possible.
Circus Center offers a competitive wage, benefits for employees working more than 20 hours/week, plus all the perks that come with working and training at a high-quality facility with other top-notch instructors in beautiful, dynamic San Francisco.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to jobs [AT[ circuscenter [DOT] org with “Instructor - Your Name” in the subject line. Applications that include a performance or demonstration video will receive priority review. No phone calls, please.