If you are a senior-level aerial instructor who wants to teach in a community of training artists, we want to hear from you!
Circus Center, the oldest and largest circus training and performing arts center on the West Coast, seeks a Senior Aerial Instructor for part-time employment.
The successful candidate must have:
- A serious all-around background in acrobatics/gymnastics, and preferably professional experience as a circus performer.
- A high technical level in their specialty(ies). Additional teaching skills are welcome.
- An ability to teach children and adult recreational students, including aspiring professionals.
- Comfort working as part of a team.
- Current eligibility to work in the US (citizen, green card, work visa).
The ideal instructor is interested in regular teaching, and willing to commit to a minimum 9-month contract.
Circus Center offers a competitive wage, benefits for employees working more than 20 hours/week, plus all the perks that come with working and training at a high-quality facility with other top-notch instructors in beautiful, dynamic San Francisco.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to jobs [AT[ circuscenter [DOT] org with “Senior Aerial Instructor - Your Name” in the subject line. Applications that include a performance or demonstration video will receive priority review. No phone calls, please.
If you are a circus instructor with a passion for youth development who wants to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of kids, we want to hear from you! Circus Center, the oldest and largest circus training and performing arts center on the West Coast, seeks Camp Instructors to teach in our 2017 Day Camp program. This is a long-running, popular, circus-based day camp in San Francisco. Reporting to the Camp Director, Camp Instructors will participate in all aspects of the camp experience, June 5 – August 25, 2017.
- Create a fun, safe, and supportive environment where children can explore the many skills that create circus arts.
- Represent the school in appearance, attitude, and philosophy in dealing with students, parents and the general public.
- Work with other instructors to create and teach a broad curriculum of circus arts and circus related activities
- Alternate responsibility for end of camp curbside pick up with other instructors.
- Ensure the proper equipment and appropriate staffing are available for scheduled activities.
- Regularly inspect equipment to make sure it is safe and in good condition.
- Help produce an end of week performance every week.
- Attend scheduled camp teacher meetings to plan camp activities and upcoming performances.
- Delegate responsibilities to assistants and interns
- Ensure the safety of each child while addressing their physical and emotional needs
- Experience working with K-8th grade children;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
- Skill instructing one or more gymnastic/circus arts; and
- A flexible, trustworthy, creative, and positive leader.
To Apply: Review of applications will begin immediately. Wage is commensurate with experience. To apply, please fill out this form. No phone calls, please.
Want to be a Counselor-in-Training (CIT)? Please fill out this form.