It's Giving Tuesday - the day we show our support to the causes that mean the most to us. And I'd like to answer a question:
What does it mean when you make a donation to Circus Center?
In the past, your generous gifts have replaced our flying trapeze net, funded community performances, helped us make roof repairs, replace mats, install lighting equipment, and more. And these are all great things, but what a gift to Circus Center really means, when it all comes down to it, is these two words:
QUALITY and ACCESSIBILITY.
Circus Center is a nonprofit that runs lean and delivers incredible things. Your support is crucial to helping us maintain the quality and accessibility of the programs you love.
Here's a short list of what we deliver on our yearly $1.7 million budget:
- Over 90 classes weekly in 20 disciplines taught by 50+ working artists and masters of the circus arts;
- 7 professional shows at the Circus Center Cabaret;
- 4 amateur shows starring our adult students, pre-professional youth program, and clown trainees;
- Maintenance and upkeep of our 88-year old building and specialized circus equipment;
- Pre-professional and recreational youth programs introducing hundreds of children a year to the joys of circus, with financial aid available;
- Clown Conservatory, America's only professional clown training program;
- In-school adaptive circus classes for children with special needs;
- And much more.
In the next few weeks, we'll detail exactly what your love has already made possible for Circus Center. But in the meantime, I just want to say:
Your gift today means that every year, thousands of people of all ages, including you, have access to incredible circus training in small classes at a value that can't be beaten.
Your gift today means bigger and better community shows every season, with affordable tickets.
And most of all, your gift today means we can serve you, our community, better, and continue to grow the vibrant circus arts community that we love.
Circus Center is a place full of a loving, unique, crazy community dedicated to bringing the joy of circus into our world. Thank you for all your support, past and present. Please join us and continue our legacy of high-quality, accessible community circus by making a donation here.
Thank you for all you make possible for us - and for sharing the joy of circus.