If my time at Circus Center has taught me anything, it's that nothing is impossible. Even though sometimes circus hurts (especially those first few weeks of aerial conditioning), being a part of it helps us achieve the amazing: to grow stronger, discover new things about ourselves, or even fly.
During this season, we celebrate "Circus Possible" - all the things that circus has given us, and everything we are going to achieve together next.
Our annual giving campaign is live, and over the next few weeks, we'll be sharing just a few of your amazing stories about what circus has made possible:
- A man's journey from a spinal injury to the aerial arts
- How Youth Circus launched a young artist's professional circus career
- How Circus Center classes helped a young woman recover from a stroke
- And more!
Tuition from classes only covers about 70% of our current operating costs. We count on your support to help us continue to upgrade our facility and invest in our programs. Please consider making a donation today!
What can your donation do? Here's a snapshot of the incredible things you helped us achieve just this past year:
- FINANCIAL AID, giving thousands of dollars in scholarships to the talented youth in our pre-professional Rising Stars and San Francisco Youth Circus programs.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH, where Circus Center staff offered free performances and circus activities at community events in Bayview-Hunters Point, the Mission, and Inner Sunset.
- IMPROVED TRAINING SPACES: The deep-cleaned and renovated Trapeze Room has more space, a new coat of paint, and a new cushioned floor. Our Theater is bigger and better, with 40% more stage, three new aerial points, and new rain-proof roof. Perfect for classes, individual users, and performances!
- OUTSTANDING NEW SHOWS, like Circtopia, the San Francisco Youth Circus' May production based on Lois Lowry's The Giver; Guilty As Sin, our spring student production inspired by Dante's Inferno; and the Circus Center Cabaret, our new monthly circus cabaret show starring professional artists like Xiaohong and Jennings, Chloe Axelrod, Calvin Kai Ku, Dwoira Galilea, and many others!
We have come so far in the past few years - and with your help we'll go much further.
Onwards and upwards,
Barry Kendall, Executive Director
P.S. Your support really does make a difference! See some examples of how far one person's donation can go here. Your gift in any amount helps bring the joy of circus to all. Thank you - and see you at SnowGlobe, our Winter Showcase!