Lindsay has been climbing things since childhood, and was a competitive gymnast and springboard diver for many years before falling in love with flying trapeze. She has been training at Circus Center since 2013 and remains both an active student and instructor.
This class is open to flyers ages 7** and above of all skill levels, from the first-timer to the seasoned pro. It introduces students to all aspects of flying: familiarization with the rigging, terminology of the trapeze, and performance of basic tricks.
**Minimum age for flying trapeze is 7. For safety reasons, children with small waists and/or hands may not be able to participate regardless of age.
Guidelines and Information
• Maximum weight: Our instructors, who vary in size, can safely belay up to 250lbs.
• Maximum waist: Our safety belts are designed to accommodate waists up to size 38.
• Punctuality strongly encouraged.
• Loose or street attire discouraged, close-fitting athletic wear suggested.
• Glasses discouraged, but if worn, must be break-resistant and secured with elastic straps
With an emphasis on the development of skills needed for the performance of a flying trapeze act, including advanced tricks and flying without safety lines, this class in an accelerated course for motivated students who are physically prepared for rigorous intensive training.
Prerequisite: Able to leave the board unassisted
Recommended complementary classes: Aerial Conditioning, Stretching, Physical Limitation Elimination, Flexibility for Every-Body, Trampoline