Herdlyn serves as Co-Director of Circus Center's Flying Trapeze department. He began circus training in Jamaica when he was invited to try flying trapeze. For the past 8 years he has trained and performed flying trapeze, as both a flyer and catcher; static trapeze; double trapeze; tissu; and juggling. Herdlyn has taught and performed for various companies including Super Clubs and Club Med, where he was the circus director for Club Med Cancun.
This class is open to flyers ages 7** and above of all skill levels, from the first-timer to the seasoned pro. It introduces students to all aspects of flying: familiarization with the rigging, terminology of the trapeze, and performance of basic tricks.
**Minimum age for flying trapeze is 7. For safety reasons, children with small waists and/or hands may not be able to participate regardless of age.
Guidelines and Information
• Maximum weight: Our instructors, who vary in size, can safely belay up to 250lbs.
• Maximum waist: Our safety belts are designed to accommodate waists up to size 38.
• Punctuality strongly encouraged.
• Loose or street attire discouraged, close-fitting athletic wear suggested.
• Glasses discouraged, but if worn, must be break-resistant and secured with elastic straps